1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (32-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned & drained
1 (8-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I skip these!)
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon basil
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Break spaghetti into thirds and cook according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
3. Add cooked spaghetti, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour spaghetti mixture onto lightly greased 10 and 1/2 by 15 and 1/2 jelly roll pan.
5. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. This forms the crust.
6. In large mixing bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, ground beef, drained mushrooms, oregano, basil and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
7. Spread meat mixture on cooked spaghetti crust.
8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30 minutes until piping hot.